The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien
Josh of the Damned Triple Feature #1
Andrea Speed
The Bride Wore Size 12 - Meg Cabot I’ve been a huge fan of Meg Cabot for years. I can’t think of a single book of hers that I have read and I didn’t love. Now I’m not a big fan of mysteries, but this is one series that is an exception for me. Meg writes hilarious situations that Heather gets into and you can’t help devouring chapter after chapter to see what happens next.This is Meg Cabot’s fifth book in the Heather Wells series and I absolutely adored it. I love the main character, Heather. She isn’t perfect. She is moody, sarcastic, and quick-witted. She handles the students at New York College so well. She treats them as they were her own. She knows when to be tough and when to overstep her bounds, (which is quite often) and dive into whatever drama is going on at Fisher Hall. I forget how much I missed the secondary characters, Gavin, Magda, Sarah, etc. They add an extra layer to the book. Heather might not have the ideal family, but she made one at New York College and it really shows in this book.In The Bride Wore Size 12 we are finally at the moment this series has been leading to…Heather and Cooper are engaged and their wedding is just around the corner. But of course nothing is ever quiet for too long in Heather’s world. The new school year hasn’t started yet, but Heather is already having a tough year. Heather, you sat with a young girl’s dead body all day yesterday. Then you went home and your mom, who abandoned you a decade ago, dropped by unannounced. I think there’s a possibility you might need to talk to a mental health specialist.Heather and Cooper are just too cute together in this book. I just love Cooper to bits. Cooper knows that Heather will get into all kinds of shenanigans no matter what, but still he wants to protect her. They are a great match. Their love for each is so sweet and the wedding was just perfect.As you pointed out, I should have left well enough alone. But. . . well, it’s not in your nature, either, Heather. That’s why we make such a perfect pair.Honestly, if this was the final book in the series I would be happy with it. As much as I would love more of Heather’s hijinks, this was the ideal ending. It’s the finale I have been waiting for.P.S. If you enjoy any of the Heather Wells Mysteries I would recommend checking out Meg Cabot’s [b:Queen of Babble|23219|Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)|Meg Cabot|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1371049249s/23219.jpg|905861] series, which is equally (almost) as funny.