The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien
Josh of the Damned Triple Feature #1
Andrea Speed
Hopeless  - Colleen Hoover Hopeless took me by complete surprise and engulfed me in the story. The prologue blew me away. I needed more and couldn't put the book down. This was one of my late night just a "few" more pages reads. I just couldn't stop reading I needed to know what happened next. It was beautifully written and ripped my emotions to shreds along the way.I loved Sky. She was real. She wasn't flighty or weak. She was strong and brave. She was weary of happily-ever afters and believed in real endings.It's real, Six. You can't get mad at a real ending. Some of them are ugly. It's the fake happily-ever-afters that should piss you off.The amount of stuff that she goes through in the novel was crazy, and in such a short time period too. Sky had this innate ability to let the mean girls' insults roll off her back. When the bitchy clique girls filled her locker with dollar bills I was cheering for her to pocket the money and flip them off. And did! Holder was her downfall at some points. She knew he was intense and didn't know if she could trust him. After Six, Sky's best friend tells her that Holder apparently went to juvi for beating up a boy that was gay, Sky still lusts after him. This is questionable of her judgment and Holder as a person. Luckily, Holder completely redeems himself and the rumor was greatly exaggerated.Dean Holder was a mystery for most of the book. He was intense, scary, sweet, funny, a bit of everything. Sometimes you didn't know what you would get next from him.I hate that I can't read him. Most people are easy to read. They're simple. Holder is all kinds of confusing and complicated.Holder confused and excited Sky at the same time. But when she needed him, he was there. Supporting and protecting her. The last half of the book I read in one sitting. I couldn't put it down. Everything that I thought I knew in the book changed so quickly. It took me for surprise after surprise. The prologue is a chapter later in the book and with more information it comes across in an entirely different context. I just did not see the reveal coming or what happened afterwards. There were parts where I was just stunned and I had to stop reading and breathe in order to comprehend what just happened.I do wish Six was in the book more as her friendship with Sky was so strong. They had such a solid relationship, but she had to go through her journey alone and it wouldn't have been them same if Six was there.