The Hobbit
J.R.R. Tolkien
Josh of the Damned Triple Feature #1
Andrea Speed
Scent of Magic  - Maria V. Snyder "As the last Healer in the Fifteen Realms, Avry of Kazan is in a unique position: in the minds of her friends and foes alike, she no longer exists. Despite her need to prevent the megalomaniacal King Tohon from winning control of the Realms, Avry is also determined to find her sister and repair their estrangement. And she must do it alone, as Kerrick, her partner and sole confident, returns to Alga to summon his country into battle."Scent of Magic picks up where Touch of Power leaves off. Avry and Kerrick are together, but their friends and enemies think she is dead. Using the advantage of her rumoured death, Avry impersonates a soldier and teaches the High Priestess Estrid’s army how to move silently through the forest undetected.I think I enjoyed this book more than the first, which for me is unusual as I find with series the quality slows deteriorates as the series progress. With Touch of Power I think this book was equally strong. Avry made new relationships and new enemies were introduced. I was so happy that one of my favourite characters from the previous novel was brought back, but I would have like to seen more of Belen in this novel.The healer series definitely reminds me of the author’s Poison series, which I also enjoyed last year.